STATISTICAL ENGINEERING SUMMIT
Oct 1-2, 2018
West Palm Beach Marriott
1001 Okeechobee Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
2018 Statistical Engineering Summit
The first annual Statistical Engineering Summit will be held on October 1st and 2nd in West Palm Beach, FL in conjunction with the Fall Technical Conference. The Summit is an extremely important moment as we forge the new discipline of statistical engineering. The 1 ½ day program provides an excellent opportunity for people that we know have a passion of the new discipline to work together as we form a new professional society, the International Statistical Engineering Association, ISEA.
We designed the program to allow some of the leaders in our nascent field to share their experiences. More importantly, we designed the program to encourage conversations among all the participants about how we should move forward. The final session is the true capstone of the meeting. The goal is to summarize all our conversations and discussions to guide the ISEA Board of Directors as they lay the foundations of our new society. Every voice at this conference is essential for the success of our new society’s launch.
Program: Monday, October 1st
- 12:30pm: Welcome/Goals for the Summit by Christine Anderson-Cook
- 1:00pm: Keynote Presentation by Roger Hoerl
- 2:00pm: Break
- 2:30pm: Case Study #1 by William Brenneman with Discussant Ron Snee and QA
- 3:00pm: Small Group Discussion on How is this different? What are the obstacles to implement? Followed by Full Group Debrief on Small Group Results led by Allison Jones-Farmer
- 5:00pm: Break for the day
Program: Tuesday, October 2nd
- 8:30am: Kick-off and Monday Recap by Christine Anderson-Cook
- 8:45am: Case Study #2 by Laura Freeman with Discussant Jim Simpson
- 9:45am: Case Study #3 by Willis Jensen with Discussant Stephanie DeHart and QA
- 10:30am: Break
- 11:00am: Case Study #4 by Peter Parker with Discussant Stargel Doane and QA
- 12:00pm: Full Group Discussion on Case Study Reactions led by Stefan Steiner
- 12:30pm: Lunch and Networking
- 2:00pm: Small Group Discussion on Where does this connect with your world? How to have broader impact? led by Geoff Vining
- 3:00pm: Break
- 3:30pm: Wrap-up/Path Forward/Next Steps by Geoff Vining
- 5:00pm: Break for the day
The registration fee for the conference is $170, which will cover the room space, audiovisual equipment, lunch on Tuesday and refreshments/snacks throughout the two days.
There are blocks of hotel rooms available through the Fall Technical Conference website at:
The conference rate is $90 a night even for those not attending the FTC. We are monitoring this block in conjunction with the FTC program committee and have added rooms to accommodate those attending the Summit. We hope you will take advantage of attending both the Summit and the FTC.
There are two other hotels within walking distance to the West Palm Beach Marriott that are options as well.
- Hilton West Palm Beach - 0.5m away (10 min walk), $157 standard rate
- Hyatt Place West Palm Beach - 0.9m away (19 min walk), $139 standard rate